Did You Know?
In properly trained hands the Lifepak15 transport monitor is an essential piece of equipment.
Paramedics can use it to:
• monitor heart rate
• do 12 and 15 lead ecgs to diagnose a heart attack right in your home
• increase a slow heart rate with external pacemaker.
• slow down rapid heart rates with synchronised cardio version (sending a shock synchronised with patients heart beat through the chest wall to reset the heart).
• Assess and monitor breathing with oxygen saturation (including paediatric adapter) and waveform end tidal co2 (which tells us how your body is exchanging gases).
• Monitor blood pressure.
• Shock (send electrical shock through the chest to reset a bad heart rhythm) patients in vtach/vfib cardiac arrest.
Not bad for such a compact little machine!